Monday, December 20, 2004

Keith Brown .Net Security Book

I am currently ready it (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0321228359/ccomput-20/103-4748007-2595816?creative=327641&camp=14573&link_code=as1)

Now, if you want to get scared about the safety of your data/machine then read it too. I always wanted to get into security since it is an obscure science (at least for me). This book is giving a taste of what's going on inside Windows. Some of it makes sense. Some of it is really mind boggling. If I am learning one lesson from this is that I am running all my stuff as Admin which is really, really a bad idea.

I made myself a "MeWithNoPrivileges" account under my machine that I now try to use as much as possible especially when surfing the web.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GROW IT YOURSELF!